app.bridge-u.com, connect.bridge-u.com, universities.bridge-u.com, and www.bridge-u.com
(together known as the “Platform”).
These rules apply to all users and visitors and apply when you upload things, make contact with other users on the Platform or use it in any other way.
Who we are and how to contact us
Our company name is BridgeU Limited, our company number is 08989432 and our office address is 1st Floor Suncourt House, 18-16 Essex Road, London, England, N1 8LN.
By using our Platform you agree to these rules
By using our Platform, you confirm that you agree to these rules and you agree to comply with them.
If you do not agree to these rules, you must not use our Platform.
We recommend that you print a copy of these rules so you can read them in the future if you want to, and if there is anything under these rules that you do not understand, we suggest you let your parent or counsellor know and they may be able to assist, or you or your parent / counsellor can contact us at email@example.com
There are other policies that may apply to you
We may make changes
- Don’t use our platform to do anything illegal or to do anything we tell you not to do
- Do not pretend to be someone else when using our platform
- Do not use our platform to harm anyone, including children, in any way
- Don’t bully anyone or use our platform to do anything horrible to other people.
- Don’t use our platform to advertise or try to sell anything or to send spam messages.
- Don’t upload or send any type of virus or do anything that might interfere with the way platform works, its software, network or equipment or damage it in any way.
- Don’t copy or try to re-sell any part of our platform.
- Don’t let anyone else use your account.
- Keep your password secret.
- Let us know immediately if you find out someone else is using your account or password.
- When you contribute to our platform (e.g. by messaging or sharing a note with another user, or requesting something, such as a letter of recommendation from someone) your contribution or what you upload:-
- be accurate if you are stating a fact;
- be your real opinion if you are giving your opinion;
- say something about someone that is not true;
- be anything showing violence, or that might make other people feel scared, or offend them, or any images that contain nudity;
- bully, insult, intimidate, upset, threaten, embarrass or humiliate any person, or invade their privacy or make them worried or anxious;
- contain any sexual or illegal material or be in breach of any court order;
- encourage or try to persuade anyone else to do something illegal either directly or indirectly;
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person;
- be likely to deceive or trick another person;
- breach any legal duty owed to someone else;
- pretend to be someone else, or pretend to have connections or an identity you don’t have;
- give the impression that what you upload or your contribution comes from BridgeU, if it doesn't;
- contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites that have not been approved by BridgeU.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our Platform (“Interactive Services”).
These include allowing users to send messages to other users, to share a note with one another, or request something such as a letter of recommendation from someone.
We do not moderate these contributions and uploads. This means that we do not routinely check their contents and what is written in them.
We do our best to assess any possible risks for users (in particular for children) when they use any interactive services provided on our Platform. However, we are under no obligation to oversee or monitor interactive services on our platform. We are not responsible for when users break the rules, or for any loss or damage caused by that. We expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of interactive services by a user.
We advise parents whose children use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
How to complain about content uploaded by other users
If you wish to complain about something you see on our platform, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are a child you may wish to discuss it first with an adult such as your parent or teacher.
Your Rights and Our Rights
- We either own, or have permission to use all of the information on our platform and all of the material published on it.
- It is protected by copyright laws but you can download, print or copy anything from our platform to use it for yourself.
- Once downloaded or printed or copied you cannot change the text or images in any way and you must tell people it comes from our platform.
- If you want to use the material on our platform to make money you have to get our permission first.
- If you do not stick to these rules we might decide to stop you using our platform and we might ask you to return any of our materials from the platform to us.
Breaking The Rules
If we decide that you have broken these rules we will decide what will happen next.
Breaking the rules may mean we
- Stop you being able to use our platform permanently or temporarily.
- Remove something you have uploaded to our platform either permanently or temporarily.
- Give you a warning.
- Take you to court in a legal case where we ask you to pay the costs of taking the case to court.
- Take other legal action against you.
- Let the police or other authorities know if we think that is reasonable or if the law says we have to do this.
- Take other action that we think is reasonable and appropriate.
We may suspend or withdraw our Platform
We do not guarantee that our Platform, or any content on it, will always be available.
We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our Platform if we need to for business and operational reasons.
We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.