Enter your details to watch the recording 👉
Discover the dos and don’ts of Reference & Recommendation Writing as we answer the frequently asked questions we often receive from current counsellors working with BridgeU, including:
- What’s the real difference between Reference Letters vs Letters of Recommendation?
- Are they meant to be strictly academic, or provide subjective character evaluations?
- Should you discuss mitigating or personal circumstances you feel have affected a pupils’ performance?
- How can you strike the right balance between sounding complimentary and objective without using clichés?
- Should they be written by a single counsellor, multiple teachers, or a mix?
You’ll discover how the theory applies in practice, looking at popular examples: UCAS References and US Letters of Recommendation.
In the recording, you’ll also get to meet counsellors Matthew (Winchester College) and Leslie (Mill Hill School Foundation), as they share their own experience and advice for writing winning letters, and answer the questions submitted by live attendees.