At a glance
- Saint Louis University (SLU), located in Missouri, partnered with BridgeU to increase their international enrolment numbers.
- BridgeU used a suite of content marketing experts to create a bespoke range of resources for SLU.
- BridgeU worked with SLU to create a scholarship for BridgeU applicants, where students could receive up to $2,500 a semester.
- Our campaigns achieved significant engagement reaching students in 121 countries and resulted in applications from students in 18 different countries.
- SLU’s conversion rate from shortlisting to application was 37% for the 2023 cohort.
Founded in 1818, Saint Louis University is a private institution located in St. Louis, Missouri — it is the oldest university west of the Mississippi River and the second oldest Jesuit university in the US.
Previously, SLU had a robust international recruitment strategy that was very successful. However, due to the pandemic, their enrolment numbers decreased significantly over the past 5-10 years.
Partnering to increase international student enrolments
Following this recent decline, SLU thought BridgeU would be a good fit to increase the number of international student enrolments as well as the diversity of their undergraduate cohort.
BridgeU’s Enrolment Services team worked with Saint Louis University to create a series of content marketing campaigns in an effort to build general awareness and highlight the USPs of the university.
“We have enjoyed our partnership with BridgeU. They have helped us to reach students earlier in the funnel in meaningful and creative ways.”Heather Brock
Director of Communication – Saint Louis University
Creating bespoke marketing campaigns
The BridgeU platform provides real-time insight into the barriers students face when researching a university. Thanks to this comprehensive market intelligence, we were able to answer key questions our students had about Saint Louis, and unblock these barriers in real time through bespoke content campaigns.
Our campaigns featured a variety of resources, including video spotlights and blog posts about Saint Louis University.
Examples of these campaigns included;
- Video spotlights that show prospective students what student life looked like at SLU, ranging from accommodation, campus highlights, academics and more.
- Additional blog posts were written for students who had expressed an interest in studying in the US or Saint Louis University on our platform.
- Campaigns were strategically targeted at students interested in Saint Louis University’s direct competitors, which was designed to widen the net of high-quality potential applicants.
Our campaigns achieved significant engagement reaching students in 121 countries and resulting in applications from students in 18 different countries.
As a result, SLU’s conversion rate from shortlisting to application was 37% for the 2023 cohort.
Creating more accessible opportunities for global talent
We worked with Saint Louis University to create an automatic scholarship for BridgeU applicants who were admitted to the university.
Through SLU’s International Gateway Leadership and Service Award, BridgeU students could receive up to $2,500 a semester to put toward their undergraduate education.
See what BridgeU can do for you
Talk to us to learn more about how BridgeU can help you to connect with international schools in 140+ countries and improve the quality & diversity of your international student enrolment